Do you own a Netgear range extender and configured it on the existing network? If your answer is yes, then you can use it with any smart device irrespective of OS. Here, in this post we are going to discuss the steps for linking the range extender with the Xbox 360. If you want to stream any content or play games online through the extender, then connect the Xbox to it.
Steps to connect the range extender to the Xbox 360 are:
- Connect the network adapter to the device. The adapter is available on a console with which you can connect the device to an Ethernet port.
- Turn on the device and go to ‘Wireless’ settings from the remote. From here, search for the extender SSID. If you don’t find the SSID in the list, then click on ‘www.mywifiext.net setup wizard’ and check if the SSID display is enabled or not.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ settings from the device and click on ‘Edit’.
- Select the SSID of your range extender. The SSID, when selected, will prompt you to enter the password. Click on ‘Specify unlisted network’.
- Select the ‘Network type’. This mode is useful for routers.
- Click on Security type and check it must match with the one you enabled while settings up your Netgear extender through Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
- If the same security type is not available on your Xbox console, then either change the security type of your range extender or click on the ‘Info’ page to see the list of devices that support the same security.
- Ensure that all the settings are saved. Click on the ‘Test Network’ option. It will let you know whether things have started working or not. You will get the status report on the screen itself.
If you need further information or assistance in this regard, you can contact us at My WiFi Ext Fix. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help from our highly experienced technicians within minutes. We provide our support services 24 hours.